Sunday, June 24, 2012

Resetting Parental Passcode on XBOX 360

*** If you want to reset your Xbox for any other reason, this is the way to do it.

I recently bought and XBox 360 Kinect for my daughter for her birthday, and hastily set it up during a birthday party. Somewhere during the festivities, someone managed to add a passcode to the parental controls and set them really low.

Save yourself a lot of headaches, and DON'T Google this. There are millions of instructions and guides on how to reset your Xbox... and well, 1 in 10,000 will work.

The reset code is console specific, and more specifically, related to the console ID. No point in entering all the combinations to reset your console, mine was different.

Contact Microsoft support on the Xbox.com website, I just started a chat, registered the unit in my name and gave them the console ID - they provided me with the correct information to reset the Xbox.

Caveat: I must say though, to complete the sequence, I just kept pressing the last key over and over until it unlocked. Stopping where the sequence stopped didn't work for me.

This is guaranteed to work, unlike all the advice you get on the interweb!

No comments:

Post a Comment