Friday, March 9, 2012

iPad - Notes Plus - A must have tool!

If you are a student or employed, and you only ever buy one app for your iPad... this is the one!

Over the past year, I tried numerous note taking and handwriting applications, each of them with their own merits, but none really effective on their own in a business environment (and university/school). That is until I discovered Notes Plus.


It does everything you could possibly want from a note taking / annotating perspective, and then some. I originally planned on posting a slew of screen shots, until I went and looked for the iTunes entry and saw the screen shots there - which clearly represent what Notes Plus can do.

Whether you use it to take notes, typed (I use this extensively because I type faster than I can write) or handwritten (which is brilliantly implemented, and there is even a feature to convert handwritten notes to text), whether you need to make drawings (simple or complex), or even annotate documents (PDF for example)... it does it all... and very well.

Plus you can easily add screen clips (selected area of a web page/document) and annotate those, include voice recordings (record an entire meeting or lecture!), and organise all you notes into notebooks and folders. It's just fantastic, and best of all, it is actively being improved on - with regular releases and new features added. Furthermore, the support from the developer,  Toan Nguyen, is fantastic - with same day responses on his website.

I currently have around 100 notebooks (I set one up for every customer), and have it syncing with DropBox - so I have immediate access to all my notes from my laptop - without having to do anything else.

I would highly recommend this app to anyone, it single handily changes the use case for an iPad to make it a valuable business tool (instead of a great gaming/social platform). 

For more info about the app, you can visit the website : www.notesplusapp.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment